Translate

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Maca business.

Ok, I have to write you a post about the wonder of Maca. Maca is a superfood which comes in powder form to add to smoothies, juices, cakes... basically anything raw and unheated. I sometimes add to porridge too if its not too hot. It's known as an adaptogen which means it helps the body to adapt, to all kinds of stresses... physical, mental, emotional. It also increases your vitality. I have witnessed miracles with this stuff! It is also a great way to increase fertility and is said to double the rate in both men and women. I recently gave some to a friend who had been trying for a baby for a long time and the next step was conventional IVF fertility treatment. However after only a few weeks taking half a teaspoon a day she was finally pregnant! 
I have started taking again recently as I was feeling the effects of very little sleep and busy days and found I was just not sleeping when I got to bed at night because I was so high on adrenaline keeping me awake to get through the day. After a week taking 1/2 teaspoon a day, then 2 days off then a second week increasing to a small teaspoon per day I am sleeping again fine and have a much more relaxed feeling energy than before in super hyper mother mode! I think it's great for Mothers of young children as anyone with a busy schedule... If you are still breastfeeding, though do take it slowly and observe your baby while increasing gradually... when Noah was 4 months old I found he was too small and turned into a small dinosaur on the days I would take it. Now he is getting towards 11 months and I am feeding him less I have observed no effects at all. Give it a try and see how you feel! It is also said to be a mild aphrodisiac so have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment